Re: FrameMaker 3.x.x

Subject: Re: FrameMaker 3.x.x
From: Jim Porter <jporter -at- MACE -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 09:29:01 EST

>Who does and doesn't like FrameMaker?
>And why for either response?

I'm thinking of purchasing FrameMaker or PageMaker, trying to
make up my mind--so the issue interests me.

I have two compatability questions:
1. Are (or to what degree are) FrameMaker files compatible with
PageMaker files?

2. To what degree are Mac PageMaker files compatible with PC
PageMaker files?

I guess the general question is this: I plan to be moving between
three applications--PM/Mac, PM/PC, and FrameMaker--and am wondering
how hard/easy that will be.

Jim Porter
Purdue University
jporter -at- mace -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu