Re: Alternative to FRAMEViewer

Subject: Re: Alternative to FRAMEViewer
From: Marta Fortin IBM <marta -at- AUSTIN -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 15:33:01 -0600

I am not sure about 'no royalty fees for distribution' but a product IBM Austin
is looking at is DynaText, for use in open systems. I have seen DynaText run-
ning our electronic documents and was quite impressed. They also gave a demo
at the STC conference in Dallas. For more info, you can contact them at:

Electronic Book Technologies, Inc
One Richmond Square
Providence, RI 02906
Tel: 401-421-9550
FAX: 401-421-9551
EMAIL:info -at- ebt -dot- com

Hope this helps!

Marta R. Fortin
Information Design & Development (IDD)
IBM RISC System/6000 Division
Austin, Texas

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hi ,

We are presently producing electronic documentation using Frame.

I would like to find an alternative to FrameViewer for the viewing and
distribution of our electronic document.

Does anyone know of a viewing engine that meets the following
requirements:

- no royalty fees for distribution
- compatible with Frame files
- runs on a variety of platforms mainly, SGI, SUN, HP and IBM?

It does sound somewhat unrealistic, but one never knows!

If anyone out there has come across this type of viewer, I certainly
would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks.