English as the official language

Subject: English as the official language
From: Anatole Wilson <awilson -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 15:03:22 PST

Without coming out on either side of the issue (because I haven't really
been able to make up my mind), we need look no further than Canadato see
how divisive the language/culture issue can be. Is it so unreasonable to
suggest that such issues could someday lead to the secession of the
Spanish-speaking states, or the French Quarter of New Orleans?
Anatole Wilson "If I should say to a novice,
Sr. Assoc. Information Developer 'write from experience only,'
IBM, Santa Teresa Labs I should feel that this was
awilson -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com rather a tantalizing monition
if I were not careful to add,
'try to be one of the people
on whom nothing is lost.'"
all company disclaimers apply --Henry James