Re: ISO 9000

Subject: Re: ISO 9000
From: Alan Yelvington <alany -at- TEKIG5 -dot- PEN -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 11:20:04 PST

ISO 900 has landed with a thump here at Tektronix.

I guess that the biggest confusion is what ISO is all about.

They don't care HOW you do things, they care that you do
things the same way every time. Consistancy is the big
issue.

One challenge to the writer's group was the level of detail
in our processes. The first draft micro-managed things; the
second draft was more of "it's time to keep people informed
of where you are" type document.

After 17 years in the service, ISO isn't a challenge when it's
properly administered.

Al