Re: List punctuation and STC pubs competitions

Subject: Re: List punctuation and STC pubs competitions
From: "Charles P. Campbell" <cpc -at- PRISM -dot- NMT -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 14:10:29 MST

[Response to LaVonna's suggestion of discussing what could be done
to improve STC publication competitions]

I'd be PO'd too if all the feedback I got from a competition was
some advice of dubious value about putting colons before lists. (I'm
traditionalist enough to grind my teeth whenever I see colons
separating _to be_ verbs from subject complements, even if those
complements appear in a bulleted list.)

Our chapter hasn't mounted a competition in a couple of years. We're
trying to figure out a way to hold one that doesn't put too much
burden on one person (the old way, which burned out competition
managers usually after a single season) and one that isn't exces-
sively bureaucratic. We'd like to get some continuity of people
from year to year, and in any given year we'd like to be able to
spread the work of collecting entries, recruiting judges, judging,
and giving awards.

We'd be grateful for ideas any of you might have about organization
and dividing tasks from any of you that have such experience.

Chuck Campbell
Pres., STC NM Kachina Chapter
cpc -at- nmt -dot- edu