Re: another think ..uh... thing coming

Subject: Re: another think ..uh... thing coming
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 16:42:02 -0600

According to Andrea Magers :

+ Kelly writes:

+ If that's what you think, you've got another thing coming.

+ Hmm. What "thing" should I be expecting?

+ A punch in the nose? A swift kick in the chops?

+ No disrespect intentded to you "think" sayers, but this is what my siblings
+ and I say in jest to each other. We've always said "thing" coming. I've
+ never heard of "think" until this list.

On the lighter side, until this list, I never stopped to "think" about
this expression. I love malapropisms and homophones. They make life even
more interesting. "It ain't ova [over] till it's ova" as Yogi Berra would
say. Of course, "You can observe a lot by watching."

Now a "swift kick in the chops" sounds pretty tasty. Is that a method to
tenderize pork chops? :)

Keep 'em coming.

Joe