Using HTML

Subject: Using HTML
From: Barbara Rigg-Healy <brigg -at- ARIEL -dot- UNM -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 10:10:00 MST

I'm interested in hearing from anyone using HTML for online doc design. We
have a lot of hard-copy documentation that we want to move to an online
form. I have resisted using online documentation because our "base"
standard display is VT100. (This is a very robust university environment
with a zillion different types of displays sitting on desktops. We support
UNIX flavors, VMS, CMS, MVS and DOS and Mac OS; and lots of applications.)
I think HTML may give us the flexibitiy we need for good online doc design
-- even at VT100 level. Has anyone found a translator software to convert
docs in a WP format or ASCII format to HTML? How much time does it take to
build an online doc in HTML? Pros and cons? Advice? Caveats?

_____________________________
\
Barbara Rigg-Healy \
Technical Editor \
Computer and Information \
Resources and Technology \
University of New Mexico \ "White space never lies."
Albuquerque, NM 87131-6046 \
e-mail: brigg -at- unm -dot- edu \ -- Bill Horton
voice: (505) 277-8147 \