Pronouncing "gigabyte"; TAKE A STAND!

Subject: Pronouncing "gigabyte"; TAKE A STAND!
From: Don M Chaffee <dchaffee -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 01:23:32 GMT

Dear fellow docos:

The fact that pronunciation seldom darkens the thresholds of our cubes
notwithstanding, I propose that we all make ourselves truly obnoxious in
our respective places of employment by correcting those amazingly
unlettered engineers, marketing-lizards, and management types of all
kinds, by correcting them every time they pronounce "gigabyte" with a
hard "g," as in "good."

It's "jigabyte," dammit, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! I am
not making this up.

Don Chaffee
Opera Systems, Inc.
Danvers, Mass.
"You need to back up HOW MANY terabytes? No problem!"