Re: Summary Graphics file conversion

Subject: Re: Summary Graphics file conversion
From: Brian Daley <briand -at- MEI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 1994 07:39:39 -0600

To the IslandDraw user who responded to Eric Muehling's original posting:

I'm trying to convert vector drawings in a number of formats (HPGL, IGES,
DXF) from UNIX and IBM workstations in our Drafting group into vector
illustrations on the Mac. The key for us is to have a vector illustration
that we can edit when necessary, so programs like DeBabelizer that output
bitmapped images will not be our final solution.

We do have access to a Sun, so if we had do some editing there we could,
but everybody in our group is presently working on Macs, so I'd like to
keep as much work as possible on the platform that is available and people
are used to.

Does IslandDraw import HPGL, IGES, and DXF files, and output (hopefully)
Adobe Illustrator eps?

Thanks,

-BD

"What matters is not DOW's average, but YOUR average."

- commentator Jim Hightower, WTMJ Radio

Brian Daley | Marquette Electronics, Inc.
briand -at- mei -dot- com | Diagnostic Division - Technical Communication
(414) 362-3133 | 8200 West Tower Avenue
FAX: (414) 357-5988 | Milwaukee, WI 53223 USA