Re: While we're on the topic of words . . .

Subject: Re: While we're on the topic of words . . .
From: Fred M Jacobson <fred -at- BOOLE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 09:05:08 PST

Gregory writes:
> This is more a peeve than anything else: does anyone feel as I
> do about the word "pro-active?"

This is just one of many fashionable words you are likely to hear
in business circles. Here in Silly-con Valley, it is rampant (but
not at my place of work, thank goodness). I would expect to hear
this a lot, especially in meetings. I wouldn't be too surprised
to see it in an internal report. I might cringe if I saw it in
something written for the stockholders or in marketing materials,
but I probably wouldn't make an issue of it. (Save your ammo.)
I think I'd object if I saw this in technical documentation. I
certainly wouldn't allow it in anything I was responsible for, if
I could help it.

-Fred
--
INTERNET: fred -at- boole -dot- com PHONE: (408) 526-3292 FAX: (408) 526-3055
USPS: Fred Jacobson / Boole & Babbage / 3131 Zanker Road / San Jose CA 95134