Re: Re[2]: While we're on the topic of words . . .

Subject: Re: Re[2]: While we're on the topic of words . . .
From: Doug Montalbano <D=Montalbano%GMP%Chiron -at- LARRY -dot- CHIRON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 13:40:55 PST

Gary Dettmers, referring to unenlightened wretches using "intercom" as a
verb, asks:
When did the name for an inanimate object, used for room to room
communications, become an active verb in the English language?

While I can't answer that specific question, I might point out that that's
already what we do with the word "telephone" or "phone".

Eh?

Doug Montalbano | Natives of poverty, children of malheur,
Technical Writer | The gaiety of language is our seigneur.
Chiron Corporation | --Wallace Stevens
Emeryville, CA 94608 |
510/601-2862 (voice/tty) | [boilerplate disclaimer here]