telecommuting

Subject: telecommuting
From: Anatole Wilson <awilson -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 09:26:45 PST

In light of the recent discussions on telecommuting, I thought y'all would
be interested in this news clipping. Sorry I can't print the whole article,
(I don't want to tread too heavily on anybody's copyright), but the first
two paragraphs contain the gist of it.

GTE COMMITS BROAD SUPPORT TO TELECOMMUTING PARTNERSHIP; GOV.
WILSON SAYS NETWORK RELIABILITY WILL KEEP CALIFORNIANS
WORKING AND PRODUCTIVE
- BUSINESS WIRE, 01/27

NOTE TO EDITORS: Los Angeles Mayor and U.S. Commerce Secretary
Thursday announced a $2.5 million federal commitment to promote
telecommuting in greater Los Angeles. The funds will be
administered by a new coalition, the Southern California
Emergency Telecommuting Partnership.

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GTE California Thursday
committed financial and technical resources to the Southern California
Emergency Telecommuting Partnership, a collaborative effort designed to
get Los Angeles-area residents off damaged freeways and onto the
information highway.
The partnership includes the city and county of Los Angeles with the
participation of GTE and the Center for the New West. Other
participants are the RAND Corp., IBM, Pacific Bell, CalTrans, Commuter
Transportation Services, and the state and federal governments.

Anatole Wilson "If I should say to a novice,
Sr. Assoc. Information Developer 'write from experience only,'
IBM, Santa Teresa Labs I should feel that this was
awilson -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com rather a tantalizing monition
if I were not careful to add,
'try to be one of the people
on whom nothing is lost.'"
all company disclaimers apply --Henry James