Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 5 Feb 1994 to 7 Feb 1994

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 5 Feb 1994 to 7 Feb 1994
From: "Usability Expertise Center ph.603.881.2430" <raven -at- USABLE -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 1994 09:26:16 EST

For those interested in usability testing:

A good book to read (in addition to taking classes) is:

A Practical Guide to Usability Testing
by Joe Dumas and Janice (Ginny) Redish
Ablex is the publisher

you can order it by calling 201-767-8455
the paperback costs $27.50

Also, look through back issues of the STC publication "Technical
Communication" and back issues of

The Journal of Technical Writing and Communication
(Randy Allen Harris has a good artilce ona "do it your self usabiltiy
test kit" or something like that, a few years ago)

and
Proceedings of the ANNUAL STC Conference (formerly known as the
International technical Communication Conference).

and
Proceedings of the IEEE International Professional Communication
Conference (I have a paper in there about "Quick usabilty tests:
Read/locate and summary tests" in the 1992 proceedings from Santa Fe.

I know y'all asked for classes, but if you can't get to those...

Mary Beth Raven
Digital Equipment Corp.
Nashua, NH.