Re: Reply to: Ain't nothin' wrong with me gramma'

Subject: Re: Reply to: Ain't nothin' wrong with me gramma'
From: Richard Irvine <ricirv -at- PANDANUS -dot- NTU -dot- EDU -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 08:34:30 +0000

>I'm sorry that this person is leaving the list. I think we should
>examine ourselves and the comments that we make in a closer manner.

I agree wholeheartedly. I joined this list to help me with a course I am
conducting on computer documentation. While I have find it a valuable way
of staying in touch with the industry and, hopefully, preventing the ivory
tower syndrome, the constant nit-picking is ridiculous.

It is just not worth contributing to a discussion if I have to work through
3 drafts of my reply. We are not writing these messages for non-technical
users! If I can't speak my mind in an informal way with a quick reply,
forget it.

Let's concentrate on the message itself and not on whether or not all the
commas are in the right place.

Richard Irvine B. Ed. Dip. Tchg
Institute of TAFE
Northern Territory University
Box 40146 _*-_/\
Casuarina / \
NT Australia 0811 \ _---__ /
Phone: (international) 61 89 466932 V
Fax: 61 89 270612
e-mail: ricirv -at- pandanus -dot- ntu -dot- edu -dot- au