Wee Professionals

Subject: Wee Professionals
From: Chuck Banks <chuck -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 1994 20:14:43 CST

To Melody DeMeritt et al:

As a "pro" -- that is, one who is paid to write
expository prose about technical subjects -- I resent
being lumped with those who treat any public forum as
an excuse to play games like "I GOTCHA!"

I've gotten enough of that from those who resent
my existence on the job over the years. I don't dish it
out. That's not being professional (a "pro," that is).
There's a well written example of that sort of activity
in "Call of the Wild."

We write to inform, to teach, to guide, to
protect; and not to penalize.

We want patient explanations from our SMEs (that's
Subject Matter Expert, a term we "pros" use.) Let's offer
some of what we seek.

'Nuff Said!

Chuck Banks

chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com