Re: help needed -- e-mail censorship and company policy

Subject: Re: help needed -- e-mail censorship and company policy
From: Pochun Chan <pchan -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 13:35:38 -0800

Sarah wrote:
> If you have policies or e-mail "police,"
> what is the mood of employees in response
> to them? Has e-mail been a source of
> problems in your company? What kinds
> of problems? Legal? Morale? If you have
> policies, why were they implemented?

In Jeffrey Rothfeder's book "Privacy for Sale", there are some
interesting discussions regarding to the use of email in a corporation
(p. 168-170). One of the thing I remember is that a company removed
its email system because it became a big company-wide dating service :-)

Paul Chan
InfoSmith Research Services