Re: Recommendations for training development books?

Subject: Re: Recommendations for training development books?
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 20:58:49 EST

> Can anyone out there in TECHWR-L land recommend a good book or books
> about developing training programs for software applications?
> Recommendations for either stand-up training or tutorials would be
> helpful. I'm a bit rusty on the whole task-analysis thing.

We moved recently and, unfortunately, most of my books are still in boxes
but ... I remember the title of one book and the author of another book
that may be useful to you. The title I remember is _The Training Wheel_,
which is an excellent book on instructional design and course development.
Altho' I can't think of the author's name, perhaps you can locate it with
a title search. The other book is by Steve Floyd of Floyd Design in
Atlanta, and I *think* the title is _The IBM Multimedia Handbook_; it
contains a wealth of wonderful tips.

Oh, yeah ... another one of my favorite books is _Computer as Theatre_
by Brenda Laurel; it was written primarily for application developers,
but much of it is applicable to training, too, I think.

It's been a couple of years since I looked for books on training, so
I'll be interested in other responses to this question.

Lori Lathrop ------------------> INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
Lathrop Media Services
P.O. Box 808
Georgetown, CO 80444