truck-flattened smiley

Subject: truck-flattened smiley
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 08:27:51 -0600

Mark,
I loved your smiley run over by a truck. ..-_

Smileys are too "cute," casual, or even unprofessional
for some folks' tastes, but ya gotta admit that some
statments need some form of hint at the nonverbal communication that
would accompany the thought. Smileys are usually quicker
than writing out, "I'm kidding," or "What a day!", but
they are not the only possible solution. My point is that
the writer of the message should try to be aware of how it
might be taken.

LaVonna lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com