Re: luminous vs. light as adjectives

Subject: Re: luminous vs. light as adjectives
From: Robert Bononno <bononno -at- ACF2 -dot- NYU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 1994 00:14:37 -0500

Stan,

Thanks for your reply. I have the Robert I and II and a few hundred other
technical dictionaries at hand. I'm a F/E tech translator. The problem is
not really finding the meaning for these adj's in Fr, but in trying to
discover if there is any way to consistently translate the term
"lumineux" into English. Sometimes it's translated as luminous and
sometimes as light. I was wondering if there was anything inherent in our
usage of these words that would help distinguish between them.

Robert