Now here's an idea...

Subject: Now here's an idea...
From: ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 08:07:19 CST

Hi gang!
I just saw this on a different list (cello-l) that is
frequented by software developers:

>By the way, one clever fellow had a pretty good
>solution for [having a program which doesn't do what
>the users want]: write the user's manual, in as much
>detail as possible, before starting the design
>of the tool. You can't be influenced by the inner
>workings, which you don't know yet, and you can pass
>it around for criticism.

Now, doesn't this sound familiar? Takes our conclusions
a couple of jumps farther. Actually, it sounds like a
reasonably feasible idea, within reason. I haven't met
many programmers who would admit to not being able to
code anything.

Comments?

Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu