Re: Now here's an idea...

Subject: Re: Now here's an idea...
From: Anatole Wilson <awilson -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 09:56:11 PST

I agree it's an excellent idea, as long as we remember the points Len
Olszewski made.

I've heard that at Microsoft, no project is begun until a vision statment is
prepared. (I don't know, however, what the vision statement contains.)

Here at Santa Teresa, we're trying to push the idea of developing a vision
statement, preliminary white paper, or at least scenarios, that will define
what the program will look like, what it will do, who will want this program
and why they'll want it. The software development side agrees with this in
principle, but they do find it hard to hold off on the coding until the
planning is done. Still, we're getting a lot of support and hopefully
some sort of high-level plan will become a natural part of the product
development cycle.
================================
Anatole Wilson "Thou hast most traitorously
Sr. Assoc. Information Developer corrupted the youth of the realm
IBM, Santa Teresa Labs by erecting a grammar school...
awilson -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com It will be proved to thy face that
thou hast men about thee that
usually talk of a noun and a verb,
and such abominable words as no
Christian ear can endure to hear."
all company disclaimers apply --Wm. Shakespeare, 2 Henry VI, 4.7