Other lists

Subject: Other lists
From: Steve Owens <uso01%eagle -at- UNIDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 13:46:15 +0700

John Eldard asks:
> Could someone please give me an Internet listserv address (and
> command) where I can get a list of all mailing lists? Did that make
> sense????

Since others will likely find this useful also, I'll respond to
the entire list. The following is the introductory section to a document
I'm sure you'll find useful, the "list of lists".

anonymous ftp on ftp.nisc.sri.com in netinfo/interest-groups. A compressed
version is available in netinfo/interest-groups.Z. It may also be obtained
through e-mail by sending a message to mail-server -at- nisc -dot- sri -dot- com with "send
netinfo/interest-groups" in the body of the message.

A hardcopy, indexed version of this list is available from SRI
International. For more information send a message to nisc -at- nisc -dot- sri -dot- com -dot-

There is a mailing-list for "List of lists" update notices. To get on this
list (or to submit updates to existing mailing-lists or add new ones), send
a message to interest-groups-request -at- nisc -dot- sri -dot- com -dot-

SRI makes every attempt to keep entries current. However, since
information is provided by the list maintainers, some entries may be out of
date.

Steven J. Owens
uso01 -at- unidata -dot- com