Re: PhD Programs

Subject: Re: PhD Programs
From: "R. Darren Carlton" <wk06248 -at- WORLDLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 19:51:24 -0500

Paul, you're kidding, right?

As a recent graduate of RPI's master's program, I have nothing but laudatory
comments about LL&C. I would be insulted by your posting, but you're so off
base that I'm convinced you're just kidding.

You wrote:
---------------
Most LLC/RPI faculty members have no
professional or academic qualifications and no experience in the
field. Neither has the program any official accreditation.
---------------

Which is entirely untrue. Just look through any STC publication; you'll find
that RPI professors and Ph.D. candidates publish frequently.

You also wrote:
---------------
The editor of CONTRA CABAL, formerly an associate
professor, a lecturer and PhD student in LLC, reveals his nine
years experience of this criminal and asinine department of
egocentric despots.

Which, if true, leads me to suspect sour grapes as the motivation for
publishing CONTRA CABAL.

If anyone would like to hear what RPI is really like, just e-mail me. I'd be
glad to give you an objective evaluation. (RPI certainly isn't perfect, but
it's nothing like Paul Trummel's description.)