Re: Want Ads

Subject: Re: Want Ads
From: Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- PROTEON -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 09:48:00 EST

Text item: Text_1

Steve,

The red flag you mentioned is a big one. The other, for me, is asking
for references before the interview. That's just tacky as far as I'm
concerned. References are for hiring, resumes are for deciding to
interview. I actually had someone ask me to include letters of
reference in my resume packet. I told them I didn't want a job that
badly.

That kind of thing is pretty rare, though, in my experience. I also
avoid the salary requirements, when I can.

Bonni Graham |
Technical Writer | Most software is run by
Easel Corporation, ENFIN Technology Lab | confused users acting on
Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- relay -dot- proteon -dot- com | incorrect and incomplete
President, San Diego STC | information, doing things
| the designer never expected.
NOTE: apparently my email address needs |
to be typed exactly as it appears here, | --Paul Heckel, quoted
punctuation and all, or the system gets | by William Horton
upset. |