Just a Job

Subject: Just a Job
From: "Vollbach, Elizabeth" <evollbach -at- CCLINK -dot- LOGICON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 1994 13:12:36 PST

I just read eric ray's reprint of a message sent to him praising our
list. And it got me thinking. I also felt during my first job as a
tech writer that it was just a job, not a profession.

I suppose that was because I really did feel desperate for any other
job than the one I had before I got my first tech writing job. I had
been a teacher; I hated it. It wasn't so important to me that I got a
tech writing job, just that I could quit teaching.