warning labels

Subject: warning labels
From: Charles Sides <csides -at- FSCVAX -dot- FSC -dot- MASS -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 1994 17:17:13 EST

A student of mine is doing some freelance writing on the side for a small
startup hardware firm (as in nuts, bolts, ladders, and hammers as opposed to
computers). He asked me about information concerning the design (text and
graphics) of warning labels/messages.

I know David Dobrin had an interest in this at one time, and he may have
published something about it. John Brockmann, I believe, did also, but
back in the early 1980s.

If anyone has suggestions as to where my student might find some of this
information, I will pass it on to him.

Thanks.

Charles Sides (csides -at- fscvax -dot- fsc -dot- mass -dot- edu)