Re: Texts for Manuals Wr...

Subject: Re: Texts for Manuals Wr...
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 1994 11:59:09 EST

For online doc issues, you can't beat William Horton's Designing and Writing
Online Documentation, not even with a stick.

For other issues, I don't have a single source. My alma mater (UCSD) has a
system called Professor Publishing, that copies journal articles (obtaining
any appropriate copyrights, of course) into a single volume. I still have
almost all of these -- they were across the board more useful than any of my
formally bound textbooks (most of which I sold back at the end of the
quarter). Dunno if you can do such a thing at your university, but it might
be worth looking into (Kinko's does it too) -- I bet you could get some very
good recomendations from this list about articles, too!

Bonni Graham
Contractor
President, San Diego STC
BonniG -at- aol -dot- com