Technical Sessions at the STC Conference

Subject: Technical Sessions at the STC Conference
From: Robert Busch <robert -at- FOCUS-SYSTEMS -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 11:38:52 -0500

Can anyone suggest some particularly good technical sessions
at the STC Conference in Minneapolis? This will be my first STC
conference, and I suspect that the session descriptions can be
misleading. The sessions that sound wildly exciting might turn out to
be rather boring and uninformative -- and vice versa.

The success of a session depends much, I'm certain, on the skills of
the person leading the session. Can you recommend particularly good
speakers?

I'm most interested in the sessions that deal with project &
team management, and I'm not at all interested in multimedia or online
help systems -- that'll have to wait until next year.

Any comments on the pre-conference workshops? I'm planning to attend
Project Management for Writers. And any idea what "systematic and
far-reaching method" David Farkas will describe in his Procedure
Writing workshop?

Thanks for any advice. I hope to meet some of you in Minneapolis!

Robert Busch
Documentation Team Leader
Focus Automation Systems

P.S. Bonni: you mentioned that you might lead a TECHWR-L discussion
table at the luncheon. Any news about this?