[no subject]

From: Karen Steele <karen -at- BILBO -dot- SUITE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 1994 14:22:04 -0600

>I have begun seeing mentions of new bifocals with gradated lenses
>that
>have a midrange focal point that helps computer uses. As one who
>anticipates bifocals in a year or two and sits too llong at the screen,
>that sounds good to me. Too good?

I have the gradated lenses. They are very nice & work well for many
activities. I also have a pair of "computer" glasses, which have a
bifocal (close-up) lens on the bottom & the top half of the lens is for
mid-range vision. (No long-range vision.) These are most comfortable
for working with a computer.

My optomitrist tells me I could have avoided these specialized lenses
for many years had I worked with anything other than computer
screens. It's all part of the cost of being in this business.

K. Steele