Online Help

Subject: Online Help
From: Michael Christie <mchristi -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 1994 16:16:07 -0700

Finally, I have the opportunity to (at least part of the time) get
away from old-fashioned printed documentation and into that exciting and
glamorous world hypertext and online help. (Wish I'd been paying better
attention to the discussion of Windows help a couple of weeks ago!)

Questions:
1)By later this year, we will have both OS/2 and Windows front-ends for
our product. Does anyone know of a Doc-To-Help-like product for the OS/2
IPF system?--keeping in mind that it would be used only for generating
on-line help, not paper documentation.

2)Better yet, is there a product that can generate both *both* PM-OS/2
*and* Windows help files from a single source document?

3)For Windows -again, sorry I wasn't listening better earlier- is
Doc-To-Help the tool of choice, or are there compelling reasons to use
RoboHelp or another product -- again, keeping in mind that paper
documentation will be done separately in Ventura.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

Mike Christie
Technical Writer
Syntelligence Systems, Inc.