Re: Open note to Eric on FAQs

Subject: Re: Open note to Eric on FAQs
From: "Eric J. Ray" <EJRAY -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 1994 13:07:50 CST

Randy,
Yes, it has certainly grown up enough. I would welcome volunteers
to do any kind of FAQs. I don't think that we would want to
stop discussion on any topics, but being able to refer people
to "What is SGML" in 2500 words or less would be good for all of us.

Therefore, pursuant to Randy Allen Harris' suggestion, I am
now open for volunteers to work, either alone or in groups, on
any FAQs for TECHWR-L that the volunteers deem appropriate.
Seriously, please do let me know what you might want to work on
so we can make sure that we don't have people duplicating efforts.

Any FAQs the list produces could find a home on the gopher or WWW
server here at OSU as well, so if someone feels ambitious enough
to construct an HTML FAQ, we can easily use it. BTW, HTML
can easily be parsed into a very nice text-only format for posting
as mail, so that might not be a bad way to go.

However, any FAQs in any format would be welcome. Please let me know
what you might be interested in writing.

Thanks,
Eric
ejray -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu