Re: Sex,Gender,Etc.

Subject: Re: Sex,Gender,Etc.
From: Jim Walsh <jimw -at- TENNESSEE -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 10:07:28 CDT

Fm: Jim Walsh jimw -at- tennessee -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com

Lissa Story says:
* - I'm a woman who is interested in reading about
* computers and who is professionally involved with
* computers. Yet I am regularly discouraged from
* learning more about them and getting more involved in
* the field by language that is too techie and too
* sexist. (What does that say about members of an
* audience that may be less motivated than I am?)

I'm intrigued by "language that is too techie and too sexist". Do you have
examples??? And, at what level does subject matter become "too techie" to a
technical writer???

-- Jim