Re: Computer Based Training

Subject: Re: Computer Based Training
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 08:10:30 CDT

Building a little on Steve's comments about CBT, I
would like to see CBT (and computer tutorials in
general) walk you through the *process* in universal
terms. I don't want to reformat the existing text and
graphics about the rain forest or whatever it is in
Frame's tutorial. I have plenty of my own projects to
work on, thank you.

I do want to have a step by step process telling me
that, generally, it is good to start with a master page
and here is how to do it. Perhaps include the example
applications, but make it possible to do the exercise
with ANY appropriate text.

Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Subject: Computer Based Training
Author: Steve Owens <uso01 -at- EAGLE -dot- UNIDATA -dot- COM> at SMTP
Date: 4/13/94 7:35 PM
<EDIT>

What I want to see in a CBT application, then, is something
that takes full advantage of each of the above - something that walks
you through a process, then allows you to explore on your own. At
various points in the walkthrough, or later, activated by buttons, the
user should have interactive examples - a chance to attempt a task
with hints along the way from the computer, and error checking. The
user should be allowed to relax and let the computer do the teaching,
or be able to empower him/herself and do exploratory learning or
reviewing.
<EDIT>
Steven J. Owens
uso01 -at- unidata -dot- com