distant participants

Subject: distant participants
From: Dickie Selfe <rselfe -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 17:03:59 -0600

I wonder if there are people out there who would like to be distant
participants in Internet workshops at conferences dealing with
communication and technical communication issues? If you are please
respond to me via personal mail. I'm thinking about two conferences
specifically but the idea is generally applicable, I think:

------------------------------------
----- -----
-- Y'all Come To --
----- -----
-------- The Tenth Annual --------
----- -----
-- Computers & Writing Conference -- <---
----- ----- |
-------- May 20-23, 1994 -------- |
----------- hosted by ----------- Including
-------- the -------- CW94:Forum,
----- University of Missouri ----- the 2nd annual
-- Columbia, Missouri USA -- Online Computers &
----- ----- Writing Conference
-------- --------
----------- Theme: -----------
Global Web of Writing Technologies
------------------------------------

AND

The Conference on College Composition and Communication
Washington, D.C.
March 22-25, 1995

I know this second one is a good ways off, but the proposals for workshops
is due soon, and I would like to be able to say that some actual
professionals will be participating virtually and in person. We plan on
setting up an e-mail list, a MOO or at least an IRC session so that
in-person and virtual folks can discuss issues surrounding Internet
communications and STCs. We will also have students from programs around
the country on-line as well. We gotta start using this technology to cut
into the costs of professional development. It should be real exciting.

When our final proposal goes out, I'll forward it to the list if there is
interest.

I have an on-line copy of the full conference announcement C & W, so if
it's the will of the list, I will forward it.

Dickie Selfe 138 Walker
rselfe -at- mtu -dot- edu Michigan Technological U.
906-487-3225 Houghton, MI 49931