Writing Consultant fees

Subject: Writing Consultant fees
From: jpevey -at- ST6000 -dot- SCT -dot- EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 1994 14:40:47 -0400

I am not a member of TECHWR list; please send all responses to
jpevey -at- sct -dot- ,edu.

I'll summarize and post your responses if anyone is interested.

I plan to use your responses with other research at STC in Minneapolis and
may use them in additional professional ways unless you specifically ask
that I not.

I am trying to discover HOW WRITING CONCULTANTS decide HOW MUCH TO CHARGE
for their work. Printed sources provide formulas, but real people give
interesting creative and intuitive approaches.

Please answer the following questions.

1. What kinds of consulting do you do?
2. How do you decide how much to charge?
3. Are you a full-time or part-time consultant?
a. If part-time, what else do you do?
4. How long have you been a consultant?
5. What is your professional background?

I would also enjoy reading your stories about establishing, changing, and
quoting fees.

THANKS