Re: Abort, Retry, Fail

Subject: Re: Abort, Retry, Fail
From: Jonathan Price <jonprice -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 1994 19:00:59 EDT

Fred expands the discussion beyond the question of politeness, bringing up
the tendency of many engineers to use violent terms when describing computer
events. Examples: hit the key, kill the program, fatal error, bomb out,
crash, blow up. Do you see these terms disappearing, as engineers grow up?
Or are there more of them, emerging? I'd like to hear of other terms that
equate computer use with warfare, or at least the kind of violence we see on
TV.
--Jonathan Price
Communication Circle
918 La Senda, NW