A Good Idea

Subject: A Good Idea
From: "Vollbach, Elizabeth" <evollbach -at- CCLINK -dot- LOGICON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 09:41:22 PST

At the risk of offending someone's ridiculous idea of privacy rights
or, even, copyright, I would like to share part of an e-mail message I
received this morning from my brother-in-law in Michigan. (Since I
don't see my family much because they're there and I'm here, he
Internets [How's that for verbing a noun?) me every now and then.)
He's a computer nerd who's not nerdy. And here he expresses
frustration like I've heard discussed on this list before, so I
thought you'd enjoy it, too.

"I'm waiting for a phone call from (unnamed customer) right now. They
said they would call me back in just a few minutes to let me know when
they want me to come out to (unnamed location) to do some (expletive)
demo for some Yahoos that don't even have a (expletive) clue. Not a
clue.

"Do I sound negative?

"I'm going to open a clue shop. For all these knuckleheads who don't
have a clue. They can come buy one from me."

I don't want to give you my brother-in-law's name in case his customer
is listening. His last name isn't "Vollbach."

Beth Vollbach
San Diego, CA