STC Conference: Budget Accommodations

Subject: STC Conference: Budget Accommodations
From: Matt Abe <MATTA%county -dot- lmt -dot- mn -dot- org -at- HARVUNXW -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 14:33:23 CST

Kathy Wells <kathy -at- ohno -dot- phx -dot- mcd -dot- mot -dot- com> writes:

> Someone about a month ago posted a list of reasonably priced
> accommodations in the Minneapolis area for the STC Conference. I've
> tried to figure out if I can get this information from an archive,
> but I've run out of patience and time trying to figure it out.
> (Sound like one of our typical users, eh?)

I suggest you contact your travel agent for specifics, especially
since the conference is getting close. Here is the message I posted
originally:

Jerold Jeansonne (jeanson -at- vms -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu) writes:

> My graduate student colleagues and I are attending the
> Minneapolis conference and are seeking reasonably cheap
> accommodations. The cheapest STC rooms are $98.00 a
> night, about twice as much as we wish to pay.

> Are there Motel 6s or La Quintas in the general vicinity?

> We do not mind driving to the conference every day
> because we plan to have a car there, but we do not wish to
> take daily excursions.

> Thanks for your help!

> Jerold Jeansonne
> Jeanson -at- vms -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu
> Technical Communication Program
> Oklahoma State University

For college students on a budget, I would recommend checking out the
motels near the campus of the University of Minnesota. The "U" is an
easy drive from downtown Minneapolis. In addition, the "U" will be in
the throes of Spring Quarter, so there will be lots to do in and
around campus after a hard day at the conference.

Here are the motels that turned up from my search of the Yellow Pages:

Best Western University Inn
2600 University Ave SE
(612) 379-2313

Days Inn University
2407 University Ave SE
(612) 623-3999

Econo Lodge
2500 University Ave SE
(612) 331-6000

University Inn
2600 University Ave SE
(612) 379-2313

***
EXPLORE COMMUNICATION at the 41st STC Annual Conference,
Minneapolis, Minnesota, May 15-18, 1994
****
THE CONFERENCE IS ONLY A FEW WEEKS AWAY! SEE YOU IN MINNEAPOLIS!
****

Matthew Abe Internet: matta -at- county -dot- lmt -dot- mn -dot- org
Documentation Group Leader
LaserMaster Corporation
7156 Shady Oak Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55344