Re: Language usage

Subject: Re: Language usage
From: Steve Gray <sagray -at- AMP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 1994 14:12:50 EDT

> Relax.

YES!!! Please lighten up!!!

> Personally, I like words...almost all of them. I think a well-placed
> profanity now and again can be an effective device in literature, though it
> would be entirely out of place in technical documentation.

I wonder how someone might react upon seeing "flick the friggin' switch to
turn on the doggone motor..." Or maybe "DANGER: Get off yer butt and put on
those safety glasses!" It might be entertaining!

> If anything, it seems that we are all subject to our own variety of ivory
> tower elitism.

Watch it, Rikki. Some folks get mad if you burst their bubble! (Shoot! Better
put on my NOMEX underwear and prepare for the worst!)

Steve Gray sagray -at- amp -dot- com
Corp Stds & Tech Pubs
AMP Incorporated, Harrisburg, PA (717) 780-4393