Just introducing myself

Subject: Just introducing myself
From: "Barbara J. Philbrick" <burkbrick -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 1994 12:12:12 EDT

I just joined this list, so I don't know what standard protocol is, but I
though I should introduce myself since I find myself putting my two cents'
worth.

I'm a freelance (contract, whatever) technical writer in the Cleveland, OH,
area. My specialties are industrial control equipment, and (lately)
industrial software documentation. I work primarily in Word for Windows (2.0
and 6.0), Framemaker (3.0 and 4.0), and Ventura (DOS-GEM, 4.0, and Corel
Ventura). I also dabble in WordPerfect (DOS and Windows).

So far, I've enjoyed the discussions and have clipped many of them for future
reference.

One question I have - what _is_ SGML (besides Standardized General Markup
Language or whatever)? I've seen articles in the STC publications and in
here, but they all assume you have a basic understanding of what it is. Is it
something that operates within DTPs and word processors, or is it a separate
process?

Thanks, and nice to meet you all - Barb Philbrick