Classes for Job Hunting, Seminar announcement

Subject: Classes for Job Hunting, Seminar announcement
From: Roger Dearth <rdearth -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 11:25:14 EDT

I've been very interested in the recent postings giving job hunting tips
because as a contractor I spend a lot of time looking (especially recently).

I agree that it's a good idea to take classes on job searching, even if they
seem to be expensive because they will pay for themselves later.

In the San Francisco Bay Area we are fortunate to have good and relatively
low cost classes in finding tech writing jobs. Local places I can recommend
include UC Santa Cruz Extension, Learning Annex, and Writers Connection.

This also gives me a chance to plug a seminar on networking (to find a job,
etc.) by my friend and associate, Cynthia Chin-Lee, the author of It's Who
You Know: Career Strategies for Making Effective Personal Contacts. Both of
us are senior STC members (Silicon Valley chapter).

Cynthia Chin-Lee and Daniel Fortune are presenting a workshop on The Art of
Networking at Foothill College in Los Altos Hills, CA (between San Francisco
and San Jose) on Saturday, April 30 from 10-2. The cost is $45. Call Foothill
at (415) 949-7379 to register or call me or send me E-mail for more
information.

Cynthia Chin-Lee regularly gives workshops in Networking, Getting Started in
Technical Writing, Becoming A Freelance Technical Writer, Job Search
Techniques for Technical Writers, etc. for the Silicon Valley Chapter of STC
and other organizations. If you would like to have her as a speaker or
seminar leader for your STC chapter or your company, please call me or send
me an E-mail message.

Roger Dearth
rdearth -at- aol -dot- com
(415) 589-3353