Re: Prepositions ending sentences

Subject: Re: Prepositions ending sentences
From: doug montalbano <doug_montalbano -at- CC -dot- CHIRON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 10:05:26 PST

On 4/28/94 , Barb Philbrick asked

how do other people feel about ending sentences with prepositions?
<snip>
I'd like to know how others feel about this.

Well, to quote Winston Churchill, when corrected by someone on this very issue:

"Young man, there are some things up with which I will not put!"

Doug_Montalbano -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com
Doug Montalbano <> an editor ... comes down from
Technical Writer <> the mountain after a battle
Chiron Corporation <> and shoots the wounded....
510/601-2862 (voice/tty) <> --Rita Mae Brown, _Bingo_