Re: Prepositions ending sentences

Subject: Re: Prepositions ending sentences
From: "Less is more." <yvonne -at- SATURN -dot- SMARTSTAR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 08:28:27 -0700

> how do other people feel about ending sentences with prepositions?

Personally, I feel that it is perfectly fine to end a sentence with a
preposition. However, most of my readers took their last grammar class
at a time when it was not OK. I don't want to distract them from the
content by making them wonder if I made a grammar error.

However, I do split infinitives occasionally (because many in my audience
are probably Star Trek fans who accept "to boldly go" as correct).

In general, I try to avoid not only incorrectness, but also the appearance
of incorrectness.

Yvonne DeGraw
SmartStar Corporation
Santa Barbara, CA