(sigh) Should've worn my asbestos undies today

Subject: (sigh) Should've worn my asbestos undies today
From: Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 May 1994 15:31:00 PDT

Alright, already! Put away your flamethrowers, but do NOT expect me to
apologize for suggesting that Eric should unsubscribe Andreas, if only
temporarily. I had damn good reasons:

1. For everybody who made snide remarks about my Delete key being broken: I
receive
all mailing lists I'm subscribed to in DIGEST format. If I delete a message
containing some offensive posting of Andreas', I potentially delete a lot of
interesting stuff as well. Had this occurred to anyone?

2. I'm fed up with Andreas' sexist and condescending language. I've never
called anyone "honey child" in my life, nor ever been as sarcastic as this:
Put your glasses on your face.
Open your eyes.
Read the full text.

I subscribe to techwr-l and a number of other lists not to listen in on
flame wars, not because I like reading postings by insufferably arrogant
people, but for the information, the connections to my professional
community, the contacts, etc. My mailing-list subscriptions have already
proved themselves useful in practice a number of times. If I petition to
have someone like Andreas thrown off, it's because I think there are far
better uses for the bandwidth he consumes and (mostly) incites other people
to consume arguing, flaming, being vituperative, etc.

'Nuff said.
PatO'
|Patrick Brian O'Connell > Intermediate Technical Writer|
|Internet: patricko -at- eicon -dot- com < Eicon Technology Corporation|
|Tel: (H) 514-482-9279 > (B) 514-631-9825 x250|
.------"Ciall agus neart">>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Strength and knowledge"-----.
|"At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and |
| charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained |
| the antidote." -- Emo Phillips |