A LITTLE LATIN LOOPY WOO

Subject: A LITTLE LATIN LOOPY WOO
From: HALL -at- WTHM32 -dot- SINET -dot- SLB -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 4 May 1994 11:56:19 -0700

From: HALL -at- WTHM32@PSI%ESFM01 -at- MRGATE@SNDRTR
To: "techwr-l -at- osuvm1 -dot- bitnet"@M_INTERNET -at- MRGATE@SNDRTR -at- SNDRTR

I would like to applaud Major Johnson for both his knowlegde of the English
and Latin languages (dead as the latter may be), and the wit with which he
displays said knowledge. His erudite comments reminded me of none other than
Bill Safire, who, despite his propensity for taking the cold-blooded side of
most issues--excepting the caning in Singapore, continues to amaze me with his
wealth of language knowledge.

I will begin to attempt to top his five prepositions ending a
sentence/question as soon as my brain clears. I also loved his Brooklyn school
joke, because I used to live there and it is a very reasonable facisimile of
the truth. Only one minor point: the subordinate officer could have said: "We
can't go around IT, we'll have to go over IT." (IT being the mountain.)

I also applaud les deux mecs--Andreas and PatO'--for settling their dispute
and freeing the virtual airways for the likes of Major Major Major Major (whom
can be visited in his office when he isn't there).

Peace in the East,

/ \/ / /__/// // \/___/___ gimme de ball, gimme de ball, gimme de
ball-----P A R I S I S N T B U R N I N G--L A S T T I M E I L O O K E D