Re: To be or not: An E-prime inquiry

Subject: Re: To be or not: An E-prime inquiry
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 09:54:55 EST

Sean wrote:
> Does anyone on TECHWR-L consciously and purposively resist to some degree or
> another using the forms of the verb "to be" (be, been, were, was, am, are, is)
> in their professional writing?

Ever since a 7th grade English teacher circled all the forms of the verb "to
be" on a paper I'd written for him, I've been conscious of limiting the use of
(not eliminating) it in my writing (my speech comes as it will). However, I had
no idea about E Prime...I'm interested in more and will have to read the
recommended literature...

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI PET Systems, Inc., Knoxville, TN
mcmaster -at- cti-pet -dot- com