hardware needed for contractors

Subject: hardware needed for contractors
From: Caryn Rizell <caryn -at- HPPTC95 -dot- ROSE -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 11:29:25 PDT

Hi!

For the last year I have been contracting on site, and I want to
start doing more work at home. I am looking for a new computer
system but get more confused as to what I should buy that would
give me the most flexibility to run lots of different software
to accomodate clients' needs.

1) Does anyone have or know much about the Mac Power PC? Is
it worth getting?

2) What about UNIX? What is the best way to run on unix from
a mac or pc?

3) How much memory do I need, megabytes, etc?

4) What about os/2? Is anyone finding a need to have that
installed?

It is very confusing to figure out what I need. I read
all the ads and each setup offers some new acronym that I
have never heard of.

What would be a basic setup? What would be the like to have setup?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. If there is another,
more appropriate list that I should be writing to, please let me
know. ( I just tried to sign on to the consultants list from
mcgill, but the address changed, and I don't know the new one.)

Thanks

Caryn Rizell
caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com