Re: Mickey's shorts

Subject: Re: Mickey's shorts
From: Carl Miller <ccm -at- MAYBERRY -dot- CRAY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 May 1994 13:57:41 CDT

Mark Levinson asks:

What names can I use for the buttons on a mouse, as I document
an application that runs in the Microsoft Windows environment?

I don't want to number them 1 and 2, because though many mice have
only two buttons (Mickey, for example, has only two on his shorts)
some mice have three. (My #2 would be their #3.)
_ _ _ _

Seems like 1, 2, 3 would be the easiest way to introduce and name the
buttons to begin with. (Love those ending prepositions!) Then, you can
go on to describe whether they should be counted left-to-right or right-
to-left and what names each should have in any particular application.

What you might want to do is create a table of button names/functions for
buttons 1, 2, and 3 (or 1 and 2) for all the various situations or
applications.

Carl
ccm -at- cray -dot- com