Largest documentation set?

Subject: Largest documentation set?
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 09:51:20 -0700

In conversation with a fellow who's a military historian, we got around to
the Aegis system. This is a billion dollar computerized radar-based attack
system that a few Navy boats carry. It's also the culprit which caused the
USSN Vincennes to shoot down an Iranian passenger airplane. He told me
that the Navy's final report concluded that no one understood the whole
system, mostly because the documentation was so large that it weighed four
tons.

We should take our collective hats off to the Navy's tech writers. Four
tons is quite an acheivement!

yrs,
andreas
Andreas Ramos, M.A. Heidelberg Sacramento, California