Re: Corruption of Language

Subject: Re: Corruption of Language
From: Johndan Johnson-Eilola <johndan -at- CRAMER -dot- NMT -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 16:22:45 -0700

But I would argue that *all* of the things Dean wrote are judgements about
morality, the place of ethics in communication, and worldviews. For
example,

>As for the rest of the language, you can't control it. The best you
>can do is understand it. Know your audience, and write to achieve
>your goals. In tech writing, the goals are clear communication and a
>good impression of the product. Tech writing won't change the world,
>but it might create value and earn us a decent living.

- Johndan Johnson-Eilola johndan -at- prism -dot- nmt -dot- edu
Humanities Department johndan -at- cramer -dot- nmt -dot- edu
New Mexico Tech 505/835-5200